Global Shuffle Fund Raiser meet up

View previous topic View next topic Go down

default Global Shuffle Fund Raiser meet up

Post by rednwhite on Mon 31 Oct 2011, 05:10

Hey everybody, Jinx, Bonez and I came up with the idea, with Garry's approval to make a kind of Global Shuffle, that is a fund raiser for a charity you, the shufflers vote on, at the meet up. Different crew could come and so would the public. We also plan on seeing if we could get Sacco and some other old shufflers to come. Once again we need Garry's go ahead before anything is set in motion.

Cheers,

Circa
rednwhite
Level 3
Level 3

Battle Character
Name: HBS//Circa
Ability:
2/10  (2/10)
Moves / Skills:

View user profile

Back to top Go down

default Re: Global Shuffle Fund Raiser meet up

Post by Garry on Tue 01 Nov 2011, 09:52

Great Idea, lets here more about it.

Garry
Admin

Battle Character
Name: Cyclone Garry
Ability:
8/10  (8/10)
Moves / Skills:

View user profile http://mso1.cultureforum.net/t1298-garry-shepherd

Back to top Go down

Post by rednwhite on Tue 01 Nov 2011, 10:02

Thanks Garry Very Happy Basically, Bonez had the idea of a shuffling charity, and we all kinda thought that we could make this happen, and it started from there. We were thinking, perhaps if I may speak for them, that different venues around the world, house these shuffle charities. Its kinda like a shuffle expo, you pay admission, share tips, tricks and meet others. But for cities like Australia, where I believe (don't mind me if I'm wrong) a lot of HSA and stuff came from, we can house a venue there, where we try and raise money for a charity that the shufflers there vote on. Its just a thought, and if I don't make a lot of sense, its cause I really want this to work Very Happy!!!
rednwhite
Level 3
Level 3

Battle Character
Ability:
2/10  (2/10)
Moves / Skills:

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Garry on Tue 01 Nov 2011, 11:35

Great idea, for those who haven't seen GS1 it was common for oldskool shufflers to hold events to donate money to their chosen charity. For most artists in Melbourne, you were lucky to earn enough to buy food from your art, so we would often contribute in kind, sponsoring equipment, skills, time etc

For instance the Melbourne Shuffle actually started in the TVU warehouse 1992 as an event to raise money for charity, the charity was to start a community TV station, because the commercial and govt TV networks wouldn't screen our stuff. That was a breach of the UN Humans rights charter, and we helped hugely to get the fulltime broadcast license in 1994 in Melbourne for what has expanded and is now a national digital TV network, run by local communities for everybody called C31 http://www.c31.org.au/

My underground culture TV series TOE-Theory Of Everything aired Tuesday night prime time 7.30pm up against Seinfeld. I made 65 30 min weekly episodes which screened nationally on C31 and Optus cable payTV from 1994 - 1998. TOE screened 5 days a week on payTV. A lot of those shows are being recut into the GS series.

We also held Hi-Goth Balls. It was a full on full goth event, there was a costume competiton, all costumes for the competition entries had to self made - you could have a group of people helping or just one.

600 goths would sell out the annual event 8 months before, and spend the rest of the time preparing for it. This was hi-art, an event we could really make special, with all the money going to our selected charities.

It works and if the people involved can feel a sense of pride and ownership with the accomplishment, it'll run for decades

Garry
Admin

Battle Character
Ability:
8/10  (8/10)
Moves / Skills:

Back to top Go down

Post by rednwhite on Tue 01 Nov 2011, 12:02

I agree 100%, so Garry, whatcha say, you give us the go ahead to use some sort of name and make it official Very Happy ?
rednwhite
Level 3
Level 3

Battle Character
Ability:
2/10  (2/10)
Moves / Skills:

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Garry on Tue 01 Nov 2011, 14:59

Cool, let's get the paperwork done. Put what you want to do in a proposal, with details of any local authorties laws re charities etc. We have very strict ones in Melbourne and still we get scammers so, there's bound to be some.

And area's like who oversees the money collection and distribution, because it's there that ALL the problems lie, everyone can agree on what's a good cause, but who gets what and who decides is something we still go to war over ... but just start with an In principle agreement to start the ball rolling formally.

And think about a way of doing this that could work for other crews, adapting the principle to their local laws. I'm sure there'd be interest

You should check out one of the main sponsors of the broadcast gear at the creation of the Melbourne Shuffle in 1992 TVU and the actual hands on work to make it happen, Dr Steve Middleton, he and 'Til of Don't Shoot The Messenger [Featured in GS1] pretty much made it happen.

They took the govt to court to get the test broadcast license, and won. The govt made up some name called an open narrowcast, instead of broadcast, it's logic politicians understand perfectly.

They had the experience and established technical ability to convince me to give my time, gear, contacts and very large archive of video art footage from my touring art exhibitions and work with artist like Stelarc and Rainer Linz who appear in GS1. We'd been trying to get a TV station up since the 1970's, we got radio stations such as 3RRR 3PBS 3CR on air, but TV was one HUGE step up in production requirements.

It's easy to play a few tracks and chat on radio, but the TV license required us to prove we could write produce and air a minimum, I think it was 12 hours of original content per month...at our own expense, and prove we had a public audience, just to be considered competent share holders of a TV license. Fair enough, we were up to the challenge, and we're still standing and on air today, when many have long gone.

We literally had to start each weekend broadcast from scratch, bolting the transmitter onto the communications tower 101 Collins St, and have line of sight to the warehouse for the production studio

We had a meeting with a federal government official in our party zone one Monday morning...we forgot he was coming, he'd just flown in from the Nation capital Canberra starting 2 hours ago for a 9.30am meeting. I hadn't slept and had just finished a 12 edit session and was ready for a long shower and sleep, everyone else - about 8, were asleep snoring and farting the otherside of the black plastic wall to block off the rest of the warehouse in winter.

He was amazing, just took it in his stride, moved the mix bowl to oneside on the coffee table so he could put his feet up after the flight. He answered all our questions about censorship, funding, advertising content, sponsership, and amazingly helpful.

He said we were bound to succeed because of our passion to make it work, because there was no way any amount of money could entice people to work under the conditions we did. It was pure passion.

We said Oh...we've got a list of cash prices if you want figures ... he laughed as hard as we did knowing full well that's all we'd get out of them.

Governments don't like loose cannons, they have enough trouble trying to shut up their own. We had the Chinese govt offer us 3 (count them) three TV transmitters in exchange for 4 hour airtime a week, for general news, tourism type stuff. And SKY channel offered basically the entire asia/pacific region by sat like 2 billion people or something, but do you think anyone could agree ...Laughing

We often joked about the amazing power we didn't know we had, sitting around on Salvo's couches and construction scafolding, out of work in a global recession, with attention we thought were jokes by friends and kept hanging up until guys in suits turned up with letters.

I loved every moment.

This some of Steve's work on the blog he shares with Dr Julie Joy Clarke, who did the first Global Shuffle review http://juliejoyclarke.blogspot.com/2011/04/global-shuffle-review-memory-piece.html ,

and a warning re this site Anything But Human, this writing bites:

http://juliejoyclarke.blogspot.com/

Garry
Admin

Battle Character
Ability:
8/10  (8/10)
Moves / Skills:

Back to top Go down

Post by Garry on Tue 01 Nov 2011, 16:36

Oh I should add Steve 'Til and a bunch of us artists have been trying to get a live TV feed from a rocket for decades ... we've got some cameras if you've got some space.

Garry
Admin

Battle Character
Ability:
8/10  (8/10)
Moves / Skills:

Back to top Go down

Post by hardcore_shuffler on Wed 02 Nov 2011, 07:39

ok Garry,i have talked to the Central Florida governmaent officials,and went to city hall here in Naples,Florida.they gave me the whole go ahead for it as well.The event is held for Breast Cancer,i wanted it to be for breast cancer because my grandmother died from it.Crying or Very sad ..but on the brighter side of things,it inspires me to get on a stage and have a speach before and after the meetup about my history with the shuffle(including now and the first time i found this site)and how i wanted to do someThING i love for someONE i love and is no longer with us because of breast cancer.the event will be held December 31rst,as a"new year,new era"kind of thing.it will be hosted most of the day,from 2:00pm-9:00pm(giving people the time to go home and watch "the ball drop"here in america on tv,an event hosted in new york i think where they drop a big ball for new years).the event will be hosted at Cambeir Park,here in Naples,Fl.kids admission is free,adults are $3.00.it will not be having battles on stage,only performances.music,i will provide,so anyone with specific songs wanted to be played,let me know before hand.battles and fun can be done around the park with whoever you want,breaks will be between performances still playing music,and not just hardstyle,but electro and house(mainly progressive).there will be a waver for people who are signing up for the proformances(which WILL be a competition)with a seperate charge of $1.00 each person in your proformance.each person in the performance will receive a breast cancer awareness band.any other things you want to know,contact me on here or at my email [email=Hardcore_sk8terdude@yahoo.com, but]Hardcore_sk8terdude@yahoo.com, but[/email] perferably here.

Level 3
Level 3

Battle Character
Name: Bonez
Ability:
10/10  (10/10)
Moves / Skills:

View user profile http://myspace.com......name:Bonez Isabadass

Back to top Go down

Post by hardcore_shuffler on Wed 02 Nov 2011, 07:45

another thing,everyone who enters the fundraiser,will be putting their names on papers to be posted all around town January 1rst showing your support.(you also get a shiny star or smiley)Smile

Level 3
Level 3

Battle Character
Ability:
10/10  (10/10)
Moves / Skills:

Back to top Go down

Post by Garry on Wed 02 Nov 2011, 11:06

That's excellent man, great work, my Dad died from skin cancer, you have my full support for a truely worthy cause.

I'll catch up by email with more details

Garry
Admin

Battle Character
Ability:
8/10  (8/10)
Moves / Skills:

Back to top Go down

Post by hardcore_shuffler on Wed 02 Nov 2011, 11:45

ok...you still have my mailing address right?

Level 3
Level 3

Battle Character
Ability:
10/10  (10/10)
Moves / Skills:

Back to top Go down

Post by ModernHippo on Thu 03 Nov 2011, 07:53

will there be anything in Miami? or do i have to go up there?

ModernHippo
Level 3
Level 3

Battle Character
Name: Louis
Ability:
5/10  (5/10)
Moves / Skills:

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by hardcore_shuffler on Thu 03 Nov 2011, 09:27

you will have to come up here.sorry:/..i Do go to miami to chill sometimes however,but mainly miami beach or homestead

Level 3
Level 3

Battle Character
Ability:
10/10  (10/10)
Moves / Skills:

Back to top Go down

Post by ModernHippo on Thu 03 Nov 2011, 10:20

yea i live far from all those places, when u say kids go in free, what is the age limit to be a kid?

ModernHippo
Level 3
Level 3

Battle Character
Name: Louis
Ability:
5/10  (5/10)
Moves / Skills:

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by hardcore_shuffler on Thu 03 Nov 2011, 13:38

idk.infants to age 12 probably

Level 3
Level 3

Battle Character
Ability:
10/10  (10/10)
Moves / Skills:

Back to top Go down

Post by Jinx346 on Fri 04 Nov 2011, 08:42

Urg i so wish i could be there for this unfortunatly, i wont be able to, but if there is anything i can help with send me a pm.

Level 4
Level 4

Battle Character
Name: Jinx13
Ability:
5/10  (5/10)
Moves / Skills:

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by rednwhite on Fri 04 Nov 2011, 09:04

I was away on a stupid school trip for 3 day, so I'm catching up on everything. Razz I'm happy this can be set into motion, good work everyone, I'm really happy, thank for listening and helping Garry Very Happy

When I dance to the hard bass, all the time stops, and we just shuffle! cheers

ø„¸¨°º¤ø„¸¸„ø¤º°¨¸„ø¤º°¨

¨°º¤ø„¸HARDSTYLE„ø¤º°¨

„ø¤º°¨FOREVER`°º¤ø

º¤ø„¸¨°º¤ø„¸¸„ø¤º°¨¸„ø¤º
rednwhite
Level 3
Level 3

Battle Character
Ability:
2/10  (2/10)