2 styles , which ones better?

View previous topic View next topic Go down

default 2 styles , which ones better?

Post by guest on Wed 07 Dec 2011, 07:39

Hello everyone ^^ been shuffling for almost 3 years now and cant decide on which style to choose , got bored of my old one so decided to check out all kind of videos and practice for 2 weeks until I was left out with these 2 styles and well frankly I have no idea which one to pick ;s
So I will post 2 links , and tell me which looks better Razz

/watch?vdeleated/watch?vdeleated
(posting only the /watch , because I still cannot post external links for 7 days) Razz

Junior Peer
Junior Peer

View user profile

Back to top Go down

default Re: 2 styles , which ones better?

Post by Garry on Wed 07 Dec 2011, 08:17

Haseo wrote:Hello everyone ^^ been shuffling for almost 3 years now and cant decide on which style to choose , got bored of my old one so decided to check out all kind of videos and practice for 2 weeks until I was left out with these 2 styles and well frankly I have no idea which one to pick ;s

/watch?deleated/watch deleated
(posting only the /watch , because I still cannot post external links for 7 days) Razz

who told you that ? That's not a rule there is no restriction on posting youtube vids ?

Last edited by Garry on Wed 07 Dec 2011, 08:21; edited 1 time in total

Garry
Admin

Battle Character
Name: Cyclone Garry
Ability:
8/10  (8/10)
Moves / Skills:

View user profile http://mso1.cultureforum.net/t1298-garry-shepherd

Back to top Go down

Post by Garry on Wed 07 Dec 2011, 08:20

In fact you were told this a week ago and said thanks. You also said you couldn't post links then proved youself wrong by posting 2 of them.

You're just trying to con shufflers you're now banned for life

http://mso1.cultureforum.net/t1307-gliding-side-to-side#9738

Last edited by Garry on Wed 04 Jan 2012, 16:37; edited 2 times in total

Garry
Admin

Battle Character
Ability:
8/10  (8/10)
Moves / Skills:

Back to top Go down

Post by hardcore_shuffler on Sat 10 Dec 2011, 01:25

you shouldnt have to chose a specific style:)..just do what you want to.if you like them both,then mix it up:)sometimes i like to glide around,sometimes i kick it oldskool and vary up moves stationary,sometimes i do melasian,sometimes i do classic styles,all in all,i just mix it up into my own style:).try it,it's what will make your style more unique

Level 3
Level 3

Battle Character
Name: Bonez
Ability:
10/10  (10/10)
Moves / Skills:

View user profile http://myspace.com......name:Bonez Isabadass

Back to top Go down

Post by Garry on Sat 10 Dec 2011, 10:23

yep that's the whole point of shuffling, you're free to experiment explore develop and most importantly create new moves and shuffle them around to suit. Just like you do with music tracks.

Imagine listening to just one music track for the rest of your life

Garry
Admin

Battle Character
Ability:
8/10  (8/10)
Moves / Skills:

Back to top Go down

Post by Garry on Sat 10 Dec 2011, 11:43

guest wrote:Hello everyone ^^ been shuffling for almost 3 years now and cant decide on which style to choose , got bored of my old one so decided to check out all kind of videos and practice for 2 weeks until I was left out with these 2 styles and well frankly I have no idea which one to pick ;s

/watch?vdeleated/watch?vdeleated

I find it hard to believe that you have been shuffling for 3 years and didn't know about not having to choose one style over the other. You don't have to decide It's utter nonsense.

I don't know where you got your information but it has nothing to do with the Melbourne Shuffle, nobody's asking or demanding you choose one or the other. The only person demanding that is YOU, and that's your problem with shuffling, you want it restricted to just one style, which sounds like nazi talk.

The Melbourne Shuffle was created in the city of Melbourne Australia where there are over 200 languages spoken daily in a population of around 4.5 million people. To just do a few steps from each language groups traditional dance styles would take all day, and do no justice to any of the dance styles. So we shuffle them about in no particular order to give the moves a chance to breathe and develop.

To some people this is totally unfamiliar cultural territory, the fact that all cultures are valid with none being the Master race or Culture. It's our personal choice.

To be clear, we're NOT saying it's okay to rape and pillage other peoples cultures.

Most cultures have guest/entry levels for people not from that culture, where they can experience part of that culture without offending. It's these elements which are offered by the originating culture that we are invited to share in shuffling.

If a culture is NOT offering some of their traditional dance moves to be shared, then we don't use them.

How do you know what to use ? Ask people from that culture, they may not know everything or speak for the entire culture, but they'll let you know the basic ground rules to help with your understanding of their culture, and if that's all that is achieved, then it's still a good thing with more understanding between our cultures.

Garry
Admin

Battle Character
Ability:
8/10  (8/10)
Moves / Skills:

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top