My relaxed shuffle!!!!

View previous topic View next topic Go down

default My relaxed shuffle!!!!

Post by Dan2009 on Tue 24 Feb 2009, 17:27

This one was just a muck around for fun, not serious or anything ! youtube muted my songs i used i was soo annoyed so had to pick some random one from their list!. Thanks tell me what you think guys

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w2q6wAlFZ9M
Dan2009
Junior Peer
Junior Peer

View user profile

Back to top Go down

default Re: My relaxed shuffle!!!!

Post by HR//PuMa on Wed 25 Feb 2009, 17:40

Thats everything else but not shuffling. sorry dude I dont know if youreself think what you doing is the melbourne shuffle ( ok - softstyle ) ?! or you joking ( thats another possibility )

it wasnt funny to me but as a dance it looks not bad.

if you want then check up the basics of big milan @ youtube - the running man tutorial @ youtube and the t-shuffle tutorial and the switching basics tutorial @ youtube.

good luck
HR//PuMa
Studio Owner
Studio Owner

View user profile http://www.myspace.com/shuffler_puma

Back to top Go down

Post by Dan2009 on Wed 25 Feb 2009, 19:05

Yeah well, was just mucking around really. i am making a new one should be done by the end of the week probs.. Il post the link when finished, You may be surprised Razz
Dan2009
Junior Peer
Junior Peer

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by de locke on Wed 25 Feb 2009, 23:02

HR//PuMa wrote:Thats everything else but not shuffling. sorry dude I dont know if youreself think what you doing is the melbourne shuffle ( ok - softstyle ) ?! or you joking ( thats another possibility )

it wasnt funny to me but as a dance it looks not bad.

if you want then check up the basics of big milan @ youtube - the running man tutorial @ youtube and the t-shuffle tutorial and the switching basics tutorial @ youtube.

good luck

I'm not one to make an issue out of things however the Melbourne shuffle is about personal expression. I also think I'm a little more knowledgable on the topic than you because I'm born and raised in melbourne. There is no format or set moves for shuffling, so technically Dan was shuffling.

Sorry to be picky but you cannot make ignorant comments like that and expect no one to notice.

Keep it up dan

Smile
de locke
Level 2
Level 2

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by HR//PuMa on Sun 22 Mar 2009, 20:36

de locke wrote:
Sorry to be picky but you cannot make ignorant comments like that and expect no one to notice.

i think that was the only reason you write a comment on this boy's topic.

technicaly he dont do the rm or ms . YEAH you right I'm not from melbourne, is this the only reason that every shuffler from other city's arround the globe know less then a melbourne shuffler ? scratch ehmmm.... maybe you right , maybe you not ^-^

no problem - for me its not important how long someone shuffle or what knowledge he have. when i see someone have a lil problems with the shuffling (how i know it in germany, poland, malaysia and australia) basics i will help.

i just hoped he's not one from this type of persons taking it to easy just to be cool - stop shufflin then and never try again.

i told him to check up the big milan vid.
thats all.

ok superman Razz
kind regards
criminal PuMa Laughing
HR//PuMa
Studio Owner
Studio Owner

Back to top Go down

Post by de locke on Mon 23 Mar 2009, 09:54

I don't see how you helped? You straight away said that he was not shuffling and suggested he didn't know what shuffling was, or even that it was a joke.

I'm not going to argue, however shuffling is about personal expression. You can't tell someone that they aren't shuffling just because it's not what you're used to.
de locke
Level 2
Level 2

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by HR//PuMa on Tue 24 Mar 2009, 06:26

de locke wrote:
I'm not going to argue, however shuffling is about personal expression. You can't tell someone that they aren't shuffling just because it's not what you're used to.

ok locke .... mmm ... maybee i ' am breakdancing ... and i say i do shufflin .... then i 'am right that i realy shufflin just when i believe it . _

or i drive a car but i say i drive a bike..... fantastic thinking ^^ i like it.

but anyway - fantasy is one of the importants things in the shuffle to make cool moves.

maybe I'm not right locke , but i think ..... there have to be some basics on what shuffling is build .

i do my kung fu next time when i cook a meal

anyway - i think i helped with the response - what i think he should do ---- i gave him the response to watch big milans vids (cause i dont want that he gave up his journey in shuffling)

I have about 3000 shufflers about me that i have to take an eye on (german and polish shuflefore - i'm moderator) i didnt want to hurt someone ....

ok - i dont want to do more harm that i did before - i dont want to make more off-topic as it is.

peace
HR//PuMa
Studio Owner
Studio Owner

Back to top Go down

Post by HR//PuMa on Tue 24 Mar 2009, 06:28

HR//PuMa wrote:
de locke wrote:

ok locke .... mmm ... maybee i ' am breakdancing ... and i say i do shufflin .... then i 'am right that i realy shufflin just when i believe it . _

or i drive a car but i say i drive a bike..... fantastic thinking ^^ i like it.

but anyway - fantasy is one of the importants things in the shuffle to make cool moves.

maybe I'm not right locke , but i think ..... there have to be some basics on what shuffling is build .

i do my kung fu next time when i cook a meal

anyway - i think i helped with the response - what i think he should do ---- i gave him the response to watch big milans vids (cause i dont want that he gave up his journey in shuffling)

I have about 3000 shufflers about me that i have to take an eye on (german and polish shuflefore - i'm moderator) i didnt want to hurt someone ....

ok - i dont want to do more harm that i did before - i dont want to make more off-topic as it is.

peace

Dan2009 wrote:Yeah well, was just mucking around really. i am making
a new one should be done by the end of the week probs.. Il post the
link when finished, You may be surprised Razz

yo my friend ^^ take youre time - do some experiments
HR//PuMa
Studio Owner
Studio Owner

Back to top Go down

Post by templeth on Wed 25 Mar 2009, 02:17

I am no authority of Melb Shuffle but I would say I am a little experienced in the culture that helped it along to what it is today.

"if you want then check up the basics of big milan @ youtube - the running man tutorial"

I have got to say I am *AMAZED* that the "running man" is considered the most fundemental step of shuffling. I remember going to club (returning to hard dance after a year) and everyone was running on the spot. My reaction was "wtf?" (please excuse taint of arrogance) and I turned to a mate and said "have people always danced like that at these gigs?" After having a little boogie a mate recognised me from highschool, approached me and commented that he hadn't been going to these kinda gigs as long as me and I asked him "how'd he know?" He replied "well you don't do that running man, most of the more experienced people don't." This experience was in 2004.

Considering that "shuffling" has been coined only recently for our proud Melbourne style of dance, a guess anyone will find themselves trying to define it as time hasn't crunched it into a traditional style per se.

I'd say I got into shuffling at the tail end of the semi-commercial period. That said I was quickly introduced to a warehouse party crew and quickly acknowledged that it was underground melbourne that birthed the shuffle. Yet my mates and I never spoke of shuffling until just before that DVD was released. We always said dance... "let's go to a dance party"... "their is no room to dance"... "I want some talc so I can slide while dancing"...

Back when I started I was really just trying to find an expression with movement. I had never had any formal training in dance and loved the feeling the music inspired in me. Listening to acid teck, break core, drum n bass and hard trance, Shuffling was right for the sudden bursts of beats, the fast paced melodies and the fact that having your body's nervous system augmented by the vibe of the party, an expression of feeling the music had to be outrageous. I remember just falling into it. Just lashing my legs out, or point a single finger up in the air to follow it with a movement that curved like the melody... Sometimes I'd just sit playing with my hands
making gestures to pin point snare rushes within songs. That all
eventually got integrated into the way I danced. And that's all it was; spontanious appreciation of the feelings found from the music and atmosphere of where I was.

Poetic yes, and that's the beauty of it. As you can imagine this spontaneous dance worked in tandem with the ethics of PLUR. Feeling Peace Love Unity and Respect the creative people feel unharboured by judgement. They are free to express.

I used to believe every dancer/shuffler/raver (always disliked calling people raver as I always believed that it wasn't used in the right places) knows that they are not truly dancing (shuffling) until they find themselves in that zone where every movement is enacted as a spontaneous expression of the appreciation of the feelings found in the music and atmosphere which they are emmersed in. Long sentence. And in all honesty (I believe) the easiest way to get into that zone is to drop the preamble of judgement and plundge yourself into that sense of appreciation and allowing yourself to express.

Honestly dude... the most impressive shufflers I've seen are those who have mastered their movements and are truly expressing the party, have their own style and are loving it. That said often youtube vids lose this aspect with the dubbed over music.

I truly believe that what refered to me as being able to shuffle is just me dancing. It is pretty amazing to go to a club in Melb these days and oft times you'll get a crowd ranging from 18 - 30+... Each group of people in the room having a little trend of shuffle. I reckon there is prob five or six generations (and clountless styles) of shuffle in Melbourne alone as it is all so personal.

In all honestly I reckon the fundemental of the *shuffle* is the timing of movement. Each and every beat the shuffler is trying to express, that is why it so often looks so jagged or jarred. Despite the precursors such as celtic dance etc... Melb shuffle's greatest influence when it comes to music is techno.

Back to topic... The running man... it took me awhile to realised this "it is used when you are coasting..." when you are just keeping time, following the beat. I often just bopped along with my head until I realised I had my own running man which is more like the south american salsa which felt like I had always done... in a bit of a more stomping fashion. But nevertheless I would not consider this the fundermental of my style.
templeth
Junior Peer
Junior Peer

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top