Starkk - Another Dimension

View previous topic View next topic Go down

default Starkk - Another Dimension

Post by StarkkShuffler on Mon 28 Jan 2013, 19:34

This is just a really cool video, I thought it showed a lot more of what I can do as a dancer, I'd love critique and tips. I'm not the best editor either but this is just some really cool footage of me! I'm still working on getting comfortable with the camera, but this song just makes me feel like I'm in another world.

Also be sure to check out my new channel of Shufflers who made history!
www.youtube.com/HardstyleHistory

And check out my new wikia I'm working on, I could use some help with some awesome articles of shufflers!

www.melbourneshuffle.wikia.com/wiki/MelbourneShuffle_Wiki
StarkkShuffler
Pro
Pro

Battle Character
Name: EHA//Starkk
Ability:
6/10  (6/10)
Moves / Skills:

View user profile

Back to top Go down

default Re: Starkk - Another Dimension

Post by littlephan on Tue 29 Jan 2013, 00:06

Maybe you should try to shuffle on a slower tune mate, and get all the tech down, looks alittle all over the place. try to be more controlled Smile Looking forward to see you progress Smile

Try practicing on mastering t-step with both feet first maybe^^ Just guidlines i'm throwing out here, it's up to you if you will give it a shot Wink
littlephan
Pro
Pro

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by StarkkShuffler on Tue 29 Jan 2013, 08:01

Yeah I'm trying to work on practicing more, but I know I've come a long way in shuffling. I showed some more cool moves I came up with, but yeah I know I need to learn the t-step with both feet, also I do kinda get nervous when I'm being filmed so I'm still working on that. But I love the critiquing because it gives me some things to work on!

And check out my new wikia I'm working on, I could use some help with some awesome articles of shufflers!

StarkkShuffler
Pro
Pro

Battle Character
Ability:
6/10  (6/10)
Moves / Skills:

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Czarina on Fri 08 Feb 2013, 16:10

Starkk asked me for a critique, so I'll just post what I sent him for everyone else's benefit.

"You've definitely improved since your 'Keep up with the Bass' video. Your running stallion is much better and I like your flair Iron Stallion moves.

Your t-step could be much better though. You don't get much distance with the shuffling hoof and you're not being as creative as you could be with the kicking hoof. The reason I bring it up though is because now since your running stallion is better your lack of t-step is more noticeable in your shuffling.

I found that this particular step to be helpful when I was learning:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v5v_fRkPTLo

Just pay attention to 0:00-1:50, but feel free to look at the rest too.

It's from crip walking, but they took it from other places themselves. You don't necessarily have to use it in your shuffle, but it's just a good exercise to learn how to twist your hoof and change what part of your hoof to put weight on.

On top of that just experiment with putting your kicking hoof in different spots on the ground and get used to keeping balance on one hoof to give yourself more options. Maybe start working on kicks too like the Sacco kick or what have you. Do this for both sides preferably.

So, that should keep you busy for a while. Feel free to ask more questions or ask for me to clarify something, ect. ect."

Practice and enjoy Smile

Czarina
Level 1
Level 1

Battle Character
Name: Czarina
Ability:
7/10  (7/10)
Moves / Skills:

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by StarkkShuffler on Fri 08 Feb 2013, 17:54

Iron Stallion moves? Lol you mean Iron man it's cool, yeah I've really been wanting to get some practice in finally, and I really appreciate you liking the originality of those Iron Man moves, I've been working hard on them and making some new ones up and I'm still starting to start to practice my right T-Step, I'm a lefty so I tap with my left foot and twist with my right, unlike most shufflers who do the opposite, but I feel like this is just a stepping stone to what I'm capable of.

I'm probably going to get more noticed for my cool Iron Man like moves and my new approach to shuffling, and I really appreciate the positive comments, and I don't have much confidence in myself so knowing my running man is improving makes me feel a lot better. Thanks again Czarina, knowing what other people think of my dancing helps me understand my dancing from another angle.

StarkkShuffler
Pro
Pro

Battle Character
Ability:
6/10  (6/10)
Moves / Skills:

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Czarina on Fri 08 Feb 2013, 18:04

Ah, sorry I copied straight from the message and I forgot I have a word filter that does stuff like that. running stallion = running man ect.
I've had it for so long I don't notice it anymore lol

Czarina
Level 1
Level 1

Battle Character
Ability:
7/10  (7/10)
Moves / Skills:

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by StarkkShuffler on Fri 08 Feb 2013, 18:06

But one thing that really bugs me sometimes, is people judge you but they don't understand you're still perfecting your craft. I do moves no other shuffler does, and I know I'm only going to get better with practice but people just make fun of my older videos, even though I was really trying to have a good time and practice and I know it wasn't that good but people are giving me crap about my running man looking spastic in my older videos, and some dude is hate commenting saying my dancing made him laugh and he doesn't think I have a contract, and some other dude was saying I need to stop being full of myself, but what do they know?

I'm Starkk, I can fly and change the world.

StarkkShuffler
Pro
Pro

Battle Character
Ability:
6/10  (6/10)
Moves / Skills:

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Czarina on Fri 08 Feb 2013, 18:16

Hey, haters gonna hate. You know what's really going on, so what's it matter?

If you want a confidence boost take a look at this video of me shuffling about 4 years ago. You'll notice I'm not very good and the girls filming are laughing. So what?

Although, I wish I had something to compare it to now, the point is you'll get better and screw everyone else haha

Czarina
Level 1
Level 1

Battle Character
Ability:
7/10  (7/10)
Moves / Skills:

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by StarkkShuffler on Fri 08 Feb 2013, 18:28

The video isn't really popping up but I understand what you mean, and they are just people looking at my videos, who knows if they can dance better than that or even come up with their own moves. I'm only going to get better and better.

StarkkShuffler
Pro
Pro

Battle Character
Ability:
6/10  (6/10)
Moves / Skills:

View user profile

Back to top Go down