((( Shuffle Newb ~ Nerav )))

View previous topic View next topic Go down

default ((( Shuffle Newb ~ Nerav )))

Post by Nerav on Fri 04 Dec 2009, 11:36

Hi, name's Nerav. I'm new at this forum board. And I'm also a newb American Shuffler... in fact, so noobish (potayto potahtoh) I don't think I can call me self a shuffler just yet. I've [seriously] started practicing about two weeks ago. I remember I tried it a couple months back but gave up and went for jumpstyle, which I got somewhat good at. But even though I was getting good at jumpstyle... the music and the moves didn't really impress or amuse me as much as the Melbourne Shuffle.
So, about two weeks ago, I decided I was going to start to practice my butt off until I got it down, even if it took me a year just to be "OK" at it. (Although I really hope it doesn't take that long...) Anyways, I'm going to be posting updates on how I'm doing as well as questions, I really hope you guys can help me out.
So far, I got the speed for the Running Man down, but my stamina's pretty low, and I can only do it for about... 30 seconds? (pathetic, I know) before my legs stop cooperating with me. I do not plan on learning Hardstyle just yet, I'm saying that now before I forget. Its because Hardstyle is for pounding music when I'm more of a trance techno guy. =P\
Back to what I was saying before... I was wondering if someone could tell me what muscles I need to work out to get my legs used to shuffling. I know that some of you are thinking "Just keep doing it and eventually your stamina will build up", and I'm doing that, but I want to know if there's any other exercise I can do that will add to that. I was thinking maybe running alot would help, and I will get started on that once my legs heal. (Yesterday I was in Weight Training class, and I put too much weight on the bar for my squats, for the rest of the day my legs hurt like hell, and today the pain just got worse... stupid on my part, I know, no need to lecture me about it.)
So thanks to anyone that's willing to help, I'll try to be on daily to update on how I'm doing. So I guess those who check up on me can 'watch me grow' in a way. Haha.

Alright, feel free to post tips/answers to my questions now. Really appreciate it guys, I hope that one day, when I'm also good, I can be the one helping other people out too.

- Nerav
______________________________________________________________________________________________

Update: December 4, 2009
Legs still hurt, not going to shuffle for a while. At least till Sunday.
Meanwhile I'm going to sit around and browse the internet for any good songs.
I might not post anything tomw... since... well... there's no point since I won't be doing anything. Later.
Nerav
Junior Peer
Junior Peer

View user profile

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top