Being light footed

View previous topic View next topic Go down

default Being light footed

Post by doranj on Thu 04 Feb 2010, 13:30

Hey, I live in a house with really creaky floors and I do most of my shuffling/practicing at night. I usually dont cause much of a ruckus but there are times when I thump and since my bedroom is right above my brothers, he can hear it pretty well. Are there any tips for being more light footed so that you dont disturb people from creaking or thumping?
doranj
Junior Peer
Junior Peer

View user profile

Back to top Go down

default Re: Being light footed

Post by {epix} on Tue 09 Feb 2010, 16:57

doranj wrote:Hey, I live in a house with really creaky floors and I do most of my shuffling/practicing at night. I usually dont cause much of a ruckus but there are times when I thump and since my bedroom is right above my brothers, he can hear it pretty well. Are there any tips for being more light footed so that you dont disturb people from creaking or thumping?
Thats a big lol right there Smile
Stop practicing in the house.... go outside at a place and try there. or find a basement or use the bathroom. either one of those should work. also if you want your running man to look good dont stomp... you can do light running man without a creak (i got it bad aswell) lol! lol! lol!
{epix}
Junior Peer
Junior Peer

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Garry on Fri 12 Feb 2010, 18:09

There's not much you can do in terms of hard practice, but... for instance try working on your shuffling (t-step) and gently stomp using just your toes and not letting your heels thump.

Other stuff you can do is balance exercises, try standing on one foot for as long as you can, then alternate with your other foot, stretching etc.

doing squat type exercises, hold onto a chair or something as little as needed, then bend your legs at the knee and SLOWLY go down to the floor, then slowly rise up again. This will turn your leg muscles into flexible steel. Don't do too much in one go, you'll be aching 2 days later.

So work on other things, think about what to do with your arms and hands etc.

Garry
Admin

Battle Character
Name: Cyclone Garry
Ability:
8/10  (8/10)
Moves / Skills:

View user profile http://mso1.cultureforum.net/t1298-garry-shepherd

Back to top Go down

Post by Silver Eyes on Sat 06 Mar 2010, 19:40

A good method ive worked with is trying to isolate your torso ( this is a bit hard to explain i realise )
basically try your best to avoid your upper mody bouncing up and down, not only will it speed you up but it will also make you smoother and you wont have to hit the floor as hard to get that "hardstyle" look Smile
Silver Eyes
Pro
Pro

Battle Character
Name: Silver
Ability:
10/10  (10/10)
Moves / Skills:

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content