Drum and Bass music

View previous topic View next topic Go down

default Drum and Bass music

Post by Silver Eyes on Sat 06 Mar 2010, 19:44

I know its not the 'traditional' music to shuffle too, but i enjoy stretching the limits with dancing.
I really enjoy D'n'B music because my style is constantly pulling off manouvers rather than being restricted to the bass beat.
Has anyone else tried shuffling to this, or similar, music? Its alot of fun because its very fast paced Smile
Silver Eyes
Pro
Pro

Battle Character
Name: Silver
Ability:
10/10  (10/10)
Moves / Skills:

View user profile

Back to top Go down

default Re: Drum and Bass music

Post by Garry on Sun 07 Mar 2010, 10:17

Actually d+b IS a traditional shuffle music style Wink. Oldskoolers loved it and shuffled to it for years around the mid 1990's, before commercial trance took over and smothered the scene with drivel.

You'd do d+b in bursts of about 1 minute or so because it is too fast to maintain any sensible shuffling for very long.

DJ's stupidly refused to slow it down, mainly because none of them were shufflers they were just dj's and the only physical movement required for them to go faster was to simply push the speed dial up with their finger about 10mm. That was as much energy a dj usually used lol. Just lazy lol

But yep d+b does allow for much more expression without restricting yourself to the 4-on-the-floor beat of hard style.

It's the accent beats. Those beats between the main 1234, that give you room to throw in lots of interesting footwork, and armwork too.

Oldskool shufflers Jamie and Randell did what most call tecktonic (France) these days. But instead of just arms, shufflers used their feet as well. There's some good examples coming up in the Global Shuffle documentary www.globalshuffle.com

Garry
Admin

Battle Character
Name: Cyclone Garry
Ability:
8/10  (8/10)
Moves / Skills:

View user profile http://mso1.cultureforum.net/t1298-garry-shepherd

Back to top Go down

Post by Silver Eyes on Sun 07 Mar 2010, 16:44

Garry wrote:Actually d+b IS a traditional shuffle music style Wink. Oldskoolers loved it and shuffled to it for years around the mid 1990's, before commercial trance took over and smothered the scene with drivel.

You'd do d+b in bursts of about 1 minute or so because it is too fast to maintain any sensible shuffling for very long.

DJ's stupidly refused to slow it down, mainly because none of them were shufflers they were just dj's and the only physical movement required for them to go faster was to simply push the speed dial up with their finger about 10mm. That was as much energy a dj usually used lol. Just lazy lol

But yep d+b does allow for much more expression without restricting yourself to the 4-on-the-floor beat of hard style.

It's the accent beats. Those beats between the main 1234, that give you room to throw in lots of interesting footwork, and armwork too.

Oldskool shufflers Jamie and Randell did what most call tecktonic (France) these days. But instead of just arms, shufflers used their feet as well. There's some good examples coming up in the Global Shuffle documentary www.globalshuffle.com

Great i hoped d+b was respected by old school shufflers, (imo) i think it suits shuffling better than hardstyle. Unless all you do is running man of course Razz
Its interesting to hear about the DJs back then but i doubt most new DJs even know what d+b is nowadays lol, its all pop and hiphop (not that theres anything wrong with that)
Silver Eyes
Pro
Pro

Battle Character
Name: Silver
Ability:
10/10  (10/10)
Moves / Skills:

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content